Here is how the Garden Bloggers Conference Hall of Fame Awards process works:
- The awards are open to any English-language garden or landscape design blog.
- The nomination period will start on July 18, 2013, and continue through the end of the day (Eastern Standard Time) on August 17, 2013. Nominations are open to the public and will be made via the Garden Bloggers Conference website (see below to nominate a blog). A nomination can be made by simply adding a comment to the page for the designated category nominating the blog for consideration. Each blog nominated for a category will be included in the selection process; additional nominations for a blog in the same category will have no effect, so once a blog is nominated for a category there is no reason to nominate it again.
- A panel of expert judges will evaluate all the nominated blogs for each category during the period and will select the top five blogs in each category.
- The public will be given the opportunity to vote for the finalists of each category from August 22 – September 8, 2013.
- Each category winner will be chosen based on 50% of the input coming from the judges and 50% coming from the public vote.
- The awards will be presented live at the Garden Bloggers Conference at the Grand Hyatt Buckhead Hotel in Atlanta on September 23, 2013.